Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Biblical Principles Daily Devotionals Day 126



Why I Believe What I Believe


Day 126
Biblical principle - Absolute truth from God’s Word
God keeps His word all the time. God gives you the strength you need to do what God had promised. That which we feared the most, God gives victory over. As seen in Joshua 11, the Lord had already cleared out the giants leaving only a few in a small area. The giants the people were afraid of 40 years earlier the Lord defeated with no Israelites in sight.
Joshua 14:7-15, Forty years old was I when Moses the servant of the Lord sent me from Kadeshbarnea to espy out the land; and I brought him word again as it was in mine heart. 8Nevertheless my brethren that went up with me made the heart of the people melt: but I wholly followed the Lord my God. 9And Moses sware on that day, saying, Surely the land whereon thy feet have trodden shall be thine inheritance, and thy children's for ever, because thou hast wholly followed the Lord my God. 10And now, behold, the Lord hath kept me alive, as he said, these forty and five years, even since the Lord spake this word unto Moses, while the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness: and now, lo, I am this day fourscore and five years old. 11As yet I am as strong this day as I was in the day that Moses sent me: as my strength was then, even so is my strength now, for war, both to go out, and to come in. 12Now therefore give me this mountain, whereof the Lord spake in that day; for thou heardest in that day how the Anakims were there, and that the cities were great and fenced: if so be the Lord will be with me, then I shall be able to drive them out, as the Lord said. 13And Joshua blessed him, and gave unto Caleb the son of Jephunneh Hebron for an inheritance. 14Hebron therefore became the inheritance of Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite unto this day, because that he wholly followed the Lord God of Israel. 15And the name of Hebron before was Kirjatharba; which Arba was a great man among the Anakims. And the land had rest from war.
Practical - Works that apply Biblical principle:
What seems overwhelming in life to us is simply God showing us a victory through Him. We need to be steadfast in our faith, unmovable in the truth, and abounding in the work the Lord has given us. The life of faith lived for the Lord is worth every moment in the end.
1 Corinthians 15:57-58, But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 58Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment