Search This Blog

Monday, March 9, 2015

Biblical Principles Daily Devotionals Day 68



Why I Believe What I Believe


Day 68
Biblical Principle - Absolute truth from God’s Word:

Why do we do what we do?  We serve because He is the LORD our God.  Do we need any other reason?  What are we doing that is not commanded by the LORD our God?

Lev 19:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Lev 19:2 Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy.
Lev 19:3 Ye shall … I am the LORD your God.
Lev 19:4 Turn ye not …I am the LORD your God.
Lev 19:10 And thou shalt not … I am the LORD your God.
Lev 19:11 Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another.
Lev 19:12 And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.
Lev 19:14 Thou shalt not …I am the LORD.
Lev 19:16 Thou shalt not … I am the LORD.
Lev 19:18 Thou shalt not…I am the LORD.
Lev 19:25 And in the fifth year shall ye …I am the LORD your God.
Lev 19:28 Ye shall not … I am the LORD.
Lev 19:30 Ye shall keep … I am the LORD.
Lev 19:31 Regard not …I am the LORD your God.
Lev 19:32 Thou shalt …I am the LORD.
Lev 19:34 …thou shalt …I am the LORD your God.
Lev 19:35 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment, in meteyard, in weight, or in measure.
Lev 19:36 Just balances, just weights, a just ephah, and a just hin, shall ye have: I am the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt.
Lev 19:37 Therefore shall ye observe all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: I am the LORD.

Practical - Works that apply Biblical Principle:

This section is for you to find a way to apply the truth in your life. I will try to give only one as example; there may be other practical ways. This is what makes the Christian walk so important and makes it important to have a deliberate purpose in everything we do.

In all our relationships, we are to serve the Lord and honor Him because of who He is.  We cannot pick and choose when and what we obey.

Col 3:17-25 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.
Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.
Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God;
And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

No comments:

Post a Comment