Search This Blog

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Biblical Principles Daily Devotionals Day 67



Why I Believe What I Believe



Day 67
Biblical Principle - Absolute truth from God’s Word:

Being holy is not being “holier than thou”
Being holy is humbly acknowledging who God is and humbly making a distinction between worldly and godly.  Even when the distinction is not between good and evil but between “OK” and “BEST”

Lev 11:44-45 For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.

Practical - Works that apply Biblical Principle:

This section is for you to find a way to apply the truth in your life. I will try to give only one as example; there may be other practical ways. This is what makes the Christian walk so important and makes it important to have a deliberate purpose in everything we do.

When we focus on the Lord and deny our flesh; holiness becomes visible.  The denying of flesh is not an outward showing of false humility nor self-pity for wrong doing.  Denying flesh is simple being obedient to God and learning more about the truth.
1Peter 1:14-16 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
1Co 10:2 3 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

No comments:

Post a Comment