Search This Blog

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Biblical Principles Daily Devotionals Day 57



Why I Believe What I Believe


Day 57
Biblical Principle - Absolute truth from God’s Word: Line upon Line, Precept upon Precept.  Reminder day.
Why do you do what you do? In your personal relationship with Christ or in your public worship in the church, you need to know why you do what you do. If you were to define your Christian life, how would you do it? Would you define it by what you do or by stating what you believe? In the Bible, James shows that you must do both.  James 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
To define the faith side I would like to show that our faith is in the absolute truths of God’s Word. For the discussion, we will use the term “principle” for what we believe by faith - the absolute truths of God’s Word. We will use the term “practical” to define what we do - our works. This daily blog is to address the absolute truths in God’s Word and ways we can work to apply those truths by practical means. Our day needs to be filled with Biblical principles and practical actions that do not violate these principles. What I have found over a number of years of ministry is that people do not know why they do what they do, neither do they know why they believe what they believe. I hope this exercise will help provoke thought.
Practical - Works that apply Biblical Principle:
This section is for you to find a way to apply the truth in your life. I will try to give only one as example; there may be other practical ways. This is what makes the Christian walk so important and makes it important to have a deliberate purpose in everything we do.
Today I list some basic things you do everyday and see if there is a Biblical reason for doing it. I will give some examples.
1. Get out of bed each morning
2. Eat breakfast
3. Get dressed for work
4. Go to work
5. Do the job that is given to me by those in authority over me
These are some basic things we do each day; there are many others that you may do. List 10 and ask the question: Is there a Biblical reason why I do these things? Or is there a Biblical Principle I am violating in doing what I am doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment