Search This Blog

Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 185



Day 185
Biblical Principle - Absolute truth from God’s Word:
How do you describe the Lord?  All are just a small picture but the direction is always up and farther than we will ever be able to understand completely.  Rock, fortress, deliverer, strength, buckler, horn of salvation, high tower are the basics that lead us to call on the Lord.
Psalms 18:1-3 I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.         
  The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
   I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

Practical - Works that apply Biblical Principle:
This section is for you to find a way to apply the truth in your life. I will try to give only one as example; there may be other practical ways. This is what makes the Christian walk so important and makes it important to have a deliberate purpose in everything we do.


No matter who we are we all must come to the Lord the same way.  All must call upon Him by faith.  What brings us to calling is the Word of God, which tells us who He is.

Rom 10:12-17 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment