Search This Blog

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day 164



Day 164
Biblical Principle - Absolute truth from God’s Word:
God anointed David years earlier to be the King of Israel.  After Saul died the people of Hebron acknowledged David as the king.  Years later the rest of Israel acknowledged the fact.  God sets up our authorities,  our job is to acknowledge it.

2Samuel 2:1 And it came to pass after this, that David enquired of the LORD, saying, Shall I go up into any of the cities of Judah? And the LORD said unto him, Go up. And David said, Whither shall I go up? And he said, Unto Hebron.
2Samuel 2:4 And the men of Judah came, and there they anointed David king over the house of Judah…
2Samuel 2:10-11 Ishbosheth Saul's son was forty years old when he began to reign over Israel, and reigned two years. But the house of Judah followed David.
 And the time that David was king in Hebron over the house of Judah was seven years and six months.
2Samuel 3:17-22 And Abner had communication with the elders of Israel, saying, Ye sought for David in times past to be king over you:
 Now then do it: for the LORD hath spoken of David, saying, By the hand of my servant David I will save my people Israel out of the hand of the Philistines, and out of the hand of all their enemies.
 And Abner also spake in the ears of Benjamin: and Abner went also to speak in the ears of David in Hebron all that seemed good to Israel, and that seemed good to the whole house of Benjamin.
 So Abner came to David to Hebron, and twenty men with him. And David made Abner and the men that were with him a feast.
 And Abner said unto David, I will arise and go, and will gather all Israel unto my lord the king, that they may make a league with thee, and that thou mayest reign over all that thine heart desireth. And David sent Abner away; and he went in peace.
 And, behold, the servants of David and Joab came from pursuing a troop, and brought in a great spoil with them: but Abner was not with David in Hebron; for he had sent him away, and he was gone in peace.
2Samuel 5:1-5 Then came all the tribes of Israel to David unto Hebron, and spake, saying, Behold, we are thy bone and thy flesh.
 Also in time past, when Saul was king over us, thou wast he that leddest out and broughtest in Israel: and the LORD said to thee, Thou shalt feed my people Israel, and thou shalt be a captain over Israel.
 So all the elders of Israel came to the king to Hebron; and king David made a league with them in Hebron before the LORD: and they anointed David king over Israel.
 David was thirty years old when he began to reign, and he reigned forty years.
In Hebron he reigned over Judah seven years and six months: and in Jerusalem he reigned thirty and three years over all Israel and Judah.

Practical - Works that apply Biblical Principle:
This section is for you to find a way to apply the truth in your life. I will try to give only one as example; there may be other practical ways. This is what makes the Christian walk so important and makes it important to have a deliberate purpose in everything we do.

God establishes those who are to be accountable as ministers.  We need to acknowledge this as these ministers are tasked to remind all of our calling from the Lord.

1Co 4:1-5 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.
 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.
1Co 4:14-21 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.
 For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church.
 Now some are puffed up, as though I would not come to you.
 But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power.
 For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.
 What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?

No comments:

Post a Comment