Search This Blog

Saturday, March 30, 2013

How Did the church Go Blind

Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Ministering to churches that are blind and do not know it is very difficult.  The obvious picture in this illustration is the understanding of a blind person.  If one can not see having this person describe what something looks like is a waste of time.  A blind person may be able to give other insights using other senses but not a clear description of what is being seen.  The verse above also describes these people as not knowing they are not only blind but also wretched and miserable and poor and even naked.  These words are very descriptive.  You would not think someone could be described with these words without realizing it.  However, I have found that as I deal with churches, I have witnessed this phenomenon.   We will look at the letters to several of the churches as well a a few other passages of Scriptures to understand how this can and does take place.  We then will look at the solution to this problem.

First the letter to the church of Pergamos:  This issue against this church was there allowing false doctrines to go unchallenged.  

Rev 2:12 And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;
Rev 2:13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.
Rev 2:14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.
Rev 2:15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate.
Rev 2:16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

The doctrine of Balaam was going unchallenged by pastor in the church.   You go blind when you let the little things in that attract you to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment